Provo Promise Scholarship Checklist
To be eligible for a Provo Promise scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bring verification that you are full-time residents (parent/legal guardian and student) of Provo, Utah, USA for at least one year prior to graduation (must include senior/final year)
- Bring verification that you are a student in your final year attending Provo High School or Independence High School, in Provo, Utah, USA, after the year 2018 (?)
- You must begin using your Provo Promise scholarship within one year of your high school graduation ceremony (deferments for an LDS full-time mission or a full-term pregnancy require special applications)
- Plan to attend Utah Valley University (UVU) full-time
Applying to UVU:
- Before you begin your application, gather the following information:
- Your High school transcript
- A photo ID
- Proof of your SAT, ACT, or CPT (College Placement Test) score.
- You can begin your Utah Valley University application HERE
- If you are a US citizen or legal alien, apply for financial aid (FAFSA) by February 1st (for Fall semester)
- As a standard for the application to the Provo Promise, you must apply for at least one of the following outside scholarships by February 1st:
Submit a Provo Promise application and the list mentioned above (proof of residency, your high school transcript, test score, a copy of your Student Aid Report, outside scholarships) to Ms. Keira Scholz by May 1st.
** Students are NOT required to uphold a certain GPA or have a certain test score in order to initially receive or continue receiving the scholarship–graduation from high school and good academic standing with UVU is our standard, not GPA/ACT/SAT.**